Saturday, August 8, 2009

I've got some patriotic competition, flew right in under the radar.

Well friends John Rich took another angle to the patriotic songwriting approach. I thought the tragedy sequel would make the most money (don't worry it's making money). But blinded by pure ambition, my tunnel vision caused me to forget about the WWII approach. A war so black and white, good guys, bad guys, Nazis, A-bombs - Now that's how you make money pulling at peoples red white and blue heart stings. All the other wars tend to have a ton of those gray areas that really act as a patriotic buzz kill.

Here it is folks. Pure genius.



John Rich, faithfully abiding by the patriotic singer / songwriter code of ethics, has never under any circumstances served in the United States Armed Forces. And for good reason, good God, have you seen how much a private in the Army makes? Piggybacking off others military achievements is a much more lucrative profession.

I'd like to point out some lyrics from the song I most marvel at.

BUY BUY BUY!

Translation: There's no way in hell I'm joining the military unless I'm threatened with jail time.


BUY BUY BUY!
Translation: The first amendment makes me angry because people with different views than me get to exercise it too..



BUY BUY BUY!
Any of you guys wanna take any "shots" at Uncle Sam? Ok, just making sure you're completely content with your place in society.


So there you have it Bubba, the best way to be labeled a patriot without having to make any personal sacrifice is to pump out one of these country songs, and you can make a killing in the meantime. The dollar doesn't lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment